Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Problem Solved!!!!

My last blog was about a crazy javascript issue on swapping SWF files within a page. I even resorted to emailing the ISYS List (which is a list that ISYS BYU students use to communicate and keep in contact). Well, what was funny was instead of a straight response I got a bunch of criticism for the site I created. Even so, I was still determined to find the solution.

After about a week I resorted to asking my Professor, Dr. Liddle, about what I could do. He then explained that SWFObject (http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/wiki/documentation). Well, by myself I got far. However, I still needed his direction to help me get the results I wanted. It took quite a bit of time, but we finally figured out how to switch out the SWF's. I am really lucky to have a professor who would take the time to help me with Javascript. Now, I am finally able to make some real progress with the site. At any rate you can see my dad's updated site now. I am very pleased with the results (check out the Completed Projects and Current Projects page for what I am talking about).

http://potentialelectricllc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment