Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's Over!

Well, after waiting well over 2 days I finally found out the results to the Omniture Competition. Sad to say, we did not make the semi's. I think what really bothered me was the communication.

First, I receive a have typed email from Omniture and then I get partial responses to my emails. I would think that they would at least make sure that this competition process went as smoothly as possible (considering that this is not the first time they did this competition). Also, since they have done this before, I would think that they would inform the students better about what was going on and why they took so long. It took our class to email the BYU staff about it to email them until we received an email saying they would be delayed.

Still, I think the waiting is what bothered me the most. Taking two days without any updates on how things were was terrible. Then, finding out that I didn't even make the semi's made me feel like I waited for nothing. Yeah, I know I can't expect much considering that it was my first time competing, but I would think the process could have gone a lot better.

I did email them and asked them what I could do to improve, but after what's been going on, I have my doubts that they will reply with anything of use. Yet, it's still early. My faith in their communication might be renewed if they give some useful feedback. Even so, I am not sure if I would ever compete in the Web Analytics competition next time, as my experience has been a lot more negative than positive...

No comments:

Post a Comment