Friday, February 6, 2009

First Experience With SiteCatalyst

This year I have recently gotten into Web Analytics. I have looked at Google Analytics and I like how straight-forward it is. Recently, I have been trying to use Omniture's SiteCatalyst to complete a project for the Web Analytics Competition. All I can say is it's a very powerful tool. However, there are also some downsides to using it.

As for downsides, the thing I noticed most was the speed. When using SiteCatalyst things can take a very long time. Sure they have an option to send the data to you, but then again, there was a lot of times where I got the result "Data Not Found." That becomes a little frustrating when you are trying to complete a project.

The ups to using SiteCatalyst is that you can find all sorts of data. I was impressed with the different types of data you could find and also manipulate the data to be more understandable. The interface is also pretty straightforward. You can basically find what you need (if it allows you). Again, the only downside is you might be waiting a while until you actually "see" the data you are looking for. Waiting really stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment