Monday, February 9, 2009

Omniture Competition - Thoughts for First Part

I had an entire weekend that was free...sort of. The only thing I worked on was the BYU Omniture Competition. I would say my first experience with this project was, overall, not bad. Definetely not great. The bad parts were with how slow SiteCatalyst was. I was really frustrated at times where SiteCatalyst told me that the "Data was not Available" or "You do not have access to this data." Also, the load time after each query took forever.

Contrastingly, the good parts were the extended time. Originally I would not have had the two weekends to work on it. Now, I know I only put in a good 19-20 hours, but they were crammed in to one weekend. Even so, that extra time was much needed, as the week before was quite crazy (tests, work...etc). Anyways, I think Bryan and I did well overall. We made our presentation simple. We split it up into three parts that we thought were key to explaining what's going on with Overstock.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment