Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Start of the Year!

Hello! This is the start of the year 2009. That means trying new things and learning more cool stuff (hopefully). Anyways, school has already started without me...yes, sadly. I am not in Provo just yet. Why you ask? Well, I am not skipping for the fun of it...or maybe I am ;) Actually, I am in Washington DC for more job interviews! Isn't that fun. Last semester I had taken a week off of school to visit California and Texas. Both were fun, and it was a nice break from school. Now, that I am in DC, I am having fun once again (not to mention an extended Winter Break). Not that job interviews are very exciting now (since this about the 10th one I've done this school year), but it's nice to go some place new, meet new people, and try new things.

Anyways, I was lucky to know that this semester I would be taking only 4 classes. 2 of them will be Information Systems based. Finally! Why I say finally is because I felt a bit deprived from last semester. Last semester I had general business classes. Not that they were bad or anything, it's just that I missed having some technical classes as well.

So, since I haven't been on campus thus far and I haven't even attended my classes, all I can say is what I hope to expect this year. For now, I am still very excited to have a Web Analytics class. I am excited because I want to learn more about this subject. Every semester I hear about Omniture and their Web Analytics competition. Each time I have neither competed in the competition, nor fully understood what Web Analytics entails. However, the subject still lingered on my mind. Because of this, I decided to sign up for the class. So, as for goals, I hope to gain enough knowledge about the subject. After doing so, I hope to learn more about the Web Analytics competition Omniture has and perhaps make an attempt to compete. For now, I am just beginning to scratch the surface of this subject.

I think I have written enough for this blog. Perhaps I will write about my other classes another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment