Monday, March 30, 2009

Applications, Essays, and More Money Spent

For the most part my college career has been rather smooth sailing. Even so, my internship for the summer requires a grad program. Last year I wasn't thinking of applying to a grad program. Now, that this internship requires one I placed a lot of weight on getting in the MISM. Turns out the MISM requires the GMAT. A minimum of a 550. Well, I thought I could reach that after taking a prep course. I spent a lot of time outside of class studying for that exam. For those of you who really know me I have been preparing a lot for it, while also trying to balance classes.

Anyways, I finally took the exam this past Saturday. Sad to say, I did worse than the first time I took the exam. 500...So, 50 points shy of the minimum. Because of this, my plans of getting in BYU's MISM is sort of on-hold. I honestly don't feel like I can take it again. After all that preparation and no improvement...that's pretty bad.

Thus, I am once again filling out applications for other graduate programs. Hopefully it's not too late. One school I do have my eyes on is the U of U. So, if BYU doesn't want me, perhaps the rival school will. It would be interesting to see that. For now, I have a lot of essays to write and more applications to fill out. Hopefully one school will accept me. Curse the GMAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment