Friday, October 23, 2009

OWAC...Again!

So, during my last semester at BYU I entered the Omniture Web Analytics Competition. Last time I thought I had a good chance at winning. But, turns out that didn't happen.

This semester I'm at the University of Utah. I felt it would be an interesting idea to enter in the competition this year especially if I had the chance to compete against some of my friends and former classmates from BYU. As for an added effect, I decided to partner with another BYU-alumni.

Our project took a lot of time. One problem we found was we had very little data to go off on. Even so, we tried to make it work. After many hours planning, data digging, and analyzing we completed our slides at around 2:55 AM the day it was due. Both of us were unsure how well we'd do, but we both felt we gave it our best shot.

This morning I found out that our group had made it to the college finals! Meaning we were 1 step away from making it to the intercollegiate finals. We will present on Nov. 6th.

1 comment: